Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Margarita Laux-Antille is a sorceress, and a rector of Aretuza. She is also the granddaughter of the famous Ilona Laux-Antille and a founding member of the Lodge of Sorceresses. She was the object of Lars' affection, though she never returned his feelings. She has no interest in politics, but she cares deeply for her school and students.
In the books, she was described by Ciri to having a figure that surpasses Yennefer and statues sculpted by artists.
Margarita Laux-Antille is mentioned by ambassador Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen, as one of the sorceresses accused to be a member of the conspiracy, which murdered both King Demavend and Foltest. She is also sentenced to death, as well as the other members of the Lodge of Sorceresses.
She is also mentioned by Geralt as co-author of the compendium Masters of Magic on Curses – Selected Writings, with Tissaia de Vries.
After the massacre at Loc Muinne, Margarita, along with the other Northern Lodge sorceresses, went into hiding. However, she still kept in contact with Philippa and the two discussed a plan in hopes to reform the Lodge. However, those plans were put on hold. Fearing witch hunters would inevitably attack Aretuza, Margarita and her students went to Novigrad, hearing Triss was organizing an escape for mages to Kovir. Sadly, she and her students were captured and imprisoned, and her pupils were burned one by one, with Radovid saving Margarita for last. Luckily, she was rescued by Geralt and Yennefer before her execution.
Journal Entry Edit
- The full list of Margarita Laux-Antille's outstanding mental, spiritual and physical attributes would consume a mountain of parchment. Rita, as her friends called her, once held the position of rector at the Aretuza Academy for Sorceresses on the Isle of Thanedd - the same school attended by her famous ancestor, Ilona Laux-Antille.
- Quite unusually for one of her profession, Margarita showed no interest in politics - it was only care for the good of her school that led her to join the Lodge of Sorceresses.
- Finally, her beauty deserves mention as well. It was said that not even the marble likenesses of goddesses and nymphs chiseled out by the greatest sculptors could rival this sorceress's figure.
- Yet with all her astuteness, Laux-Antille still could not escape the same fate that so many of her fellows met. She had been arrested some time before our tale begins and was staying in the Oxenfurt prison, awaiting a summary and pre-determined trial.
- Only Geralt and Yennefer's daring jailbreak saved Margarita from certain execution.