Journal entry Edit
- A certain halfling named Brean Hotsch had hung a notice stating he was in need of a professional monster slayer. Geralt decided to see what was the matter.
- After a detailed investigation of the shrubbery and thicketry lining the forest floor (what exactly he looks for during such investigations is a complete mystery to me - I see nothing but endless chances to tear one's hose), Geralt concluded he was tracking a leshen. In order to defeat this elusive monster, he would first need to provoke it into attacking him. That's right, dear read: he planned to deliberately provoke a leshen - the very thought sends shivers down my spine.
- Once Gerald had defeated the leshen, the halfling paid up without making any fuss. There's no denying it: Brean Hotsch proved himself an honorable individual.
- Talk to Brean Hotsch.
- Find the woodcutter's hut where Hotsch is staying.
- Talk to witnesses.
- Find the site of the attack using your Witcher Senses.
- Use your Witcher Senses to follow the wagon tracks to where the monster attacked.
- Investigate the site of the monster's attack.
- Use your Witcher Senses to follow the sounds and find the leshen's totem.
- Lure the leshen out by destroying its totem.
- Kill the leshen.
- Take a trophy.
- Collect your reward from Brean Hotsch.