Kaer Morhen valley is the area immediately adjacent to and surrounding the fortress of Kaer Morhen. It is here that the campsite of the unexpected visitors to Kaer Morhen is situated in "The Price of Neutrality". The valley itself is divided by a fast flowing river which can only be crossed at either of the two fords. The area is also infested with archespores, wolves, basilisks, giant centipedes and wyverns.
The area also boasts:
- two circles of elements (one for Aard and one for Igni)
- three places of power
- an old mine
- The entrance near Kaer Morhen fortress leads to the kikimore hatchery. It is where Eskel is first found.
- The more southerly entrance leads to a basilisk den.
- Balisse, (spelled Balissa)
- Wolf's aloe, actually growing wild, as well as in pots
There are also Berbercane trees here and there, but those, like the beggarticks, are just landscaping, too.