Kaer Morhen valley is an abandoned area in the mountainous region known as Hertch in northeastern Kaedwen, where the prehistoric sea was located many millennia ago. Currently, the only known "inhabited" structure in the valley is the limestone keep of Kaer Morhen, the seat of witchers from the School of the Wolf, and surrounding places.
Keeps and fortresses Edit
Kaer Morhen valley is the area immediately adjacent to and surrounding the fortress of Kaer Morhen. It is here that the campsite of the unexpected visitors to Kaer Morhen is situated in "The Price of Neutrality". The valley itself is divided by a fast flowing river which can only be crossed at either of the two fords. The area is also infested with archespores, wolves, basilisks, giant centipedes and wyverns.
The area also boasts:
- two circles of elements (one for Aard and one for Igni)
- three places of power
- an old mine
- The entrance near Kaer Morhen fortress leads to the kikimore hatchery. It is where Eskel is first found.
- The more southerly entrance leads to a basilisk den.
- Balisse, (spelled Balissa)
- Wolf's aloe, actually growing wild, as well as in pots
There are also Berbercane trees here and there, but those, like the beggarticks, are just landscaping, too.
The valley of Kaer Morhen is a major region in third and final game of Geralt's adventures. The geography of the area, while more fully fleshed-out, is faithful to the original game, including the interior of the keep, which has preserved the same floorpan.
Map description Edit
- Kaer Morhen, meaning "Keep of the Sea of Yore," is home to a school of witchers. Years ago the keep was destroyed and its inhabitants murdered during a massive pogrom. Currently only a handful of witchers winter here before setting out again on the Path.
Associated quests Edit
Notes & references Edit
- ↑ in Zdrada graphic novel
- ↑ In the book series it is noted in one of Ciri's letters to Geralt that the walls of Kaer Morhen contained fossilized shells, fish and slugs, signifying that the fortress had once been located near the sea
- ↑ Community interview with Miles Tost
|Regions in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt|
|White Orchard • Royal Palace in Vizima • Pontar (Velen - Novigrad - Gustfields) • The Skellige Isles • Kaer Morhen|
|Isle of Mists • Ddiddiwedht Desert • Ice Plains • Tir ná Lia|
|The Duchy of Toussaint|