Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jacques de Aldersberg is the Grand Master of the Order of the Flaming Rose. He founded the Order upon remnants of the Order of the White Rose, but has taken its underlying philosophy in a radical and uncompromising direction.
Jacques de Aldersberg is a fanatical follower of the Cult of Eternal Fire, wielding his innate "source" powers through sheer force of will (having had no formal training). He aims to overthrow King Foltest, bring about a new age and destroy all non-humans, whom he views (at best) as relics of the past.
Using stolen witchers' secrets, and with the aid of the Salamandra organization, Jacques has created mutant soldiers to uphold the increasingly twisted ideals he espouses. It becomes clear that he will stop at nothing to achieve his goals. Before joining the Order, it is rumored that Jacques was a vagrant fueled only by his hatred of non-humans.
| The Grand Master of the Order of the Flaming Rose is Jacques de Aldersberg. He is said to be a pious worshiper of the Eternal Fire, almost to the point of fanaticism. He is charismatic and widely respected. His aversion to non-humans, particularly elves, is well-known. Jacques de Aldersberg orders his knights to persecute the Scoia'tael just as much as monsters.
I met the Grand Master in rebellion-torn Vizima. Jacques de Aldersberg is a man of action — he personally led the knights who came to King Foltest's rescue as he was ambushed.
By means of magic I was transported to the Ice Plains, as mentioned in the Prophecy of Ithlinne, which exist in the mind of Jacques de Aldersberg. The Grand Master wanted to show me what will eventually befall humanity if he does not lead them.
I dueled the Grand Master in the Ice Plains and defeated him. Thus the person responsible for Leo's death and the theft of the witchers' secrets has been punished.
- History is full of charismatic leaders who, by their deeds, etched their names in the annals of kingdoms and nations. Jacques de Aldersberg, Grand Master of the Order of the Flaming Rose, was beyond any doubt one such figure. He died at Geralt's hand and his rebellion against King Foltest was crushed, yet both these events left their mark on Temeria and its political situation, and their echoes can be heard to this day.
- He is mentioned in the book The Flower and the Flame.
- Various townspeople will chat about his glistening armour during Chapter II and Chapter III.
- Siegfried notes after Geralt aids him during the Gold Rush quest that he is to receive a medal from Jacques de Aldersberg.
- It is speculated, and clearly alluded to, by the different comments uttered by Jacques depending upon Geralt's upbringing of Alvin, by fans and even Geralt himself, that Jacques is Alvin, the child Geralt rescued in Chapter I (see speculation about Alvin).
|Grand Masters of Knightly Orders|
|Grand Masters of Order of the White Rose|
|Hugues de Napeys • Rudolf Valaris • Jacques de Aldersberg|
|Grand Masters of Order of the Flaming Rose|
|Jacques de Aldersberg • Siegfried of Denesle (optionally) • Ulrich|