Journal entry Edit
- Ciri's trail had led Geralt and Yennefer to a derelict garden in Skellige. There they hoped to find the man called Craven, who alone could provide answers to their burning questions. Unfortunately, they were first greeted by an entirely different individual - a monster known as Morkvarg. It seemed Geralt once more would have to stain his silver sword with blood.
- If Geralt feeds Morkvarg his own meat:
- Geralt decided to try an innovative curse-lifting method - feeding the werewolf his own flesh. Geralt's efforts were a partial success. The curse was lifted, but Morkvarg died without ever reassuming his human form. Considering the hideous deeds this cruel pirate had wrought, one's heart does not exactly burst with pity for him.
- If Geralt lifts the curse with the fang and kills Morkvarg immediately:
- Geralt tracked down one of Morkvarg's former companions who lived in Larvik. His jaw dropped to learn this man - and not, as was commonly thought, Freya's high priestess - had cast the curse on the infamous pirate. The man also possessed an object he claimed could lift the curse. Geralt took it from him, and used it to return Morkvarg the human form - thus rendering him mortal. Geralt then struck an expert blow to hasten the inevitable end this condition implied. Clearly he felt that years of insatiable hunger were not punishment for this man's many sins.
- If Geralt lifts the curse with the fang and doesn't kill Morkvarg immediately:
- Geralt tracked down one of Morkvarg's former companions who lived in Larvik. His jaw dropped to learn this man - and not, as was commonly thought, Freya's high priestess - had cast the curse on the infamous pirate. The man also possessed an object he claimed could lift the curse. Geralt took it from him, and used it to return Morkvarg the human form - and then let him go free. This might strike you as strange, dear reader, considering this former pirate's many sins and complete unwillingless to reform. Remember, however, that it is a witcher's job to kill monsters, not people, no matter how rotten they might be.
- Talk to Einar about the curse.
- Talk to the priestesses of Melitele to learn what happened in the garden.
- Talk to priestess Josta about Morkvarg.
- Find the garden where the monster dwells.
- Find Morkvarg.
- Find the key Morkvarg mentioned using your Witcher Senses.
- Get rid of the werewolf in the garden.
If you decided to feed Morkvarg with werewolf meat:
- Use Morkvarg's flesh to get rid of the werewolf or find another way to lift the curse.
- Kill Morkvarg by feeding him his own flesh, or lift the curse using the fang.
- Collect your reward from the contract giver. (50
- Find a way into the flooded cave under Morkvarg's lair.
- Search the cave using your Witcher Senses.
- Search the chapter house.
- Unlock the chapter house doors.
- Search the chapter house.
- Read Morkvarg's journal.
- Ask Einar of Larvik why he lied to you about Morkvarg.
- Use the fang to lift Morkvarg's curse, or find another way to lift it.
- Collect your reward from the pawnshop in Novigrad. (50
- If you want to get additional rewards from Morkvarg, right after lifting the curse him, choose the option My reward first. After that, Morkvarg says that you need to go to the pawnshop in Novigrad.
- You must kill Morkvarg right after that. (1.22 bug or intentional?)