Hubert Rejk is a secondary character in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. He appears during the quest Carnal Sins. He is the coroner of Novigrad and, unbeknownst to anyone, a higher vampire committing murders throughout the city in the name of the Holy Flame. He also leaves pamphlets and prays throughout the city under the alias Concerned Citizen, warning the citizens against committing heresy.
Journal entry Edit
- The wave of religious and racially-motivated killings that swept through Novigrad in the spring of 1272 coincided with Hubert Rejk's term as coroner at the city morgue.
- Because of this he was overworked and additionally had to bear the harassment of his dislikeable superior, Reverend Nathaniel. It is thus no surprise that he came across as unpleasant and sarcastic when Geralt and he first met.
- Furthermore, it was clear there was bad blood between him and Joachim von Gratz, a fact that did little to improve the already rather stiff atmosphere at the morgue. Nevertheless, having learned the reason for Geralt's unexpected visit, Hubert made it clear Geralt and Joachim could count on his help.
- Hubert proposed to help the witcher perform an autopsy on the serial killer's latest victim, which revealed valuable new clues.
- Rejk might have succeeded in shifting the blame to another suspect if not for the witcher's perspicacity. Geralt had already figured out Rejk was the true murderer, but was shocked to learn he was also a powerful vampire.
- Luckily Geralt had considerable experience and a honed skill set to draw on for fighting such a creature. He killed the beast and ended his twisted moral crusade.
Associated quests Edit
- If the player kills Nathaniel instead of listening to him, Hubert will never be revealed as the true murderer and Geralt will later find a final body and a mocking note detailing how the true killer is going to move on to a smaller village and continue his work.
- He last fought a witcher two centuries before meeting Geralt.