Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Early life Edit
He met Ciri when during her stay in Skellige - where she spent a lot of her childhood. In Skellige jumping competitions were held on ice. The boys would skate on the ice and see who could jump the farthest. Ciri was lightning fast and agile on the ice. The boys scoffed at the thought of being beaten by a young girl. When Hjalmar attempted to beat Ciri he fell and injured himself as he did not make the jump. He held no grudge against Ciri and when she attended his bedside during his recovery they fell in love.
When Ciri was 12 years old and Hjalmar was 15, they got "engaged". They both had young love for each other. Unfortunately their happiness was not to be. Ciri was dragged teary-eyed back to Cintra and a young Hjalmar was left sulking in Skellige.
Northern Wars Edit
When the Slaughter of Cintra reached the ears of Hjalmar he sought to save his beloved. Alas, when he arrived at Cintra the place was already destroyed. Its citizens massacred. Ciri had been taken by Cahir Mawr Dyffryn aep Ceallach.
Her escape from Cahir then opens up the chapter of her life with Geralt. When Yennefer returned to Skellige to reach Ciri, Hjalmar vowed to go a ship with her to find his beloved to make up for missing Ciri in Cintra. After the boat was dragged to the bottom of the sea by magic the fate of Hjalmar is unknown.
Hjalmar an Craite side by side with his sister Cerys are appering in the final installment of the Geralt's trilogy. During the events of the game on Skellige, it is possible for Geralt to help either Cerys or Hjalmar to become the new king of archipelago.
Developer comments Edit
Hjalmar an Craite, Crach’s elder child, is a good illustration of the saying “like father, like son”—especially when it comes to appearance. He is in this respect almost the exact opposite of his sister, having inherited his father’s massive frame, broad facial features, and ferocity, but sadly very little of his prudence or patience. Hjalmar wears the simple garb of a Skellige warrior. One can tell at a glance he is man who lives for battle and prefers to solve problems with brute strength. His battered face, which earned him the nickname “Crooked Gob” as a young lad, is the result of a spill he took while trying to show off on ice skates to a certain Cirilla, his one-time childhood playmate.
|— The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Artbook|
Associated quests Edit
- The Battle of Kaer Morhen (if Cerys is queen, Hjalmar will help defend the fortress)
- Brothers in Arms: Skellige
- Coronation (if Geralt sides with him)
- King's Gambit (if Geralt sides with him)
- The Lord of Undvik
- The King is Dead – Long Live the King
Journal entry Edit
- The saying "like father, like son" fits Crach and his first born son to a tittle. Young Hjalmar took after his father in both posture and character, and many predicted that in time he would ovetake his elder in the honor and fame he would gain.
- An extremely able, broad-shouldered swordsman, he had the makings of a superb warrior, and his charisma and tendency towards almost mad bravura meant he could stir the hearts of loot- and glory-craving yourht from all Skellige's clans.
- All these traits made Hjalmar an obvious choice fot he next king of Skellige. He thus did not hesitate to stake his claim when the time for this arrived and immediately set up for Undvik to prove his heroism by battling the legendary Ice Giant.
- Hjalmar accomplished what he set out to do. Fighting side by side with the witcher he defeated the fierce colossus of Undvik.
- Though his sister was chosen to be ruler instead of him, Hjalmar did not bear a grudge and decided to lend her reign all his strength, an act that showed surprising political maturity.
- When discussing Hjalmar's heroic deeds it surely must be mentioned that he did not hesitate to support Geralt by answering his call and defending Ciri at Kaer Morhen.