Hierarch Square is one of the main squares of Novigrad while surrounding it is simply called city center. Many nobles live here, situated in front row seats to the regular executions of mages conducted by the witch hunters. The first time Geralt arrives here in The Witcher 3, he may witness the executions of sorceress Felicia Cori and of the doppler Chappelle.
The square is littered with trading posts and market stalls, much like the nearby Fish Market. It hosts several merchants, including an herbalist, and an armorer in an alcove beneath one of the buildings on the western side. One of the merchants possesses sizeable amounts of mandrake cordial and cherry cordial - two of the ingredients required for making white gull which is used in many higher-level alchemical recipes.
Triss' ransacked house can be accessed through a gate on the south side of the square.
Map description Edit
- Until quite recently a great many mages lived near Novigrad's main square. They fled when the witch hunters began their reign of terror, leaving many of the city's most beautiful townhouses abandoned and uncared for.
Notable characters Edit
- Vimme Vivaldi - A banker at the Vivaldi Bank
- Carlo "Cleaver" Varese - Crime Lord
- Caesar Bilzen - The accountant of Novigrad crime lord Cleaver
- Marcus T.K. Hodgson - Books and Scrolls owner, Gwent player, Fierce admirer of the art
- Armorer - sells and forges amor of journeyman's quality for you
- Book merchant - Bookseller near the rugs wearing chaperon
- Merchant - Trader with various wares owning place near Vivaldi Bank
- Herbalist - Sells some of the most difficult to find ingredients
- Luxury merchant - Sells and buy several jewels and precious things
- Irina Renarde - leader of the mummers' troupe known as the Foxen