To start the quest you need to walk down a street in the Bits section of Novigrad after completing the Never Trust Children side quest as well as re-entering the city. There are some hostile henchmen nearby behind a low wall. Geralt will exclaim seemingly out of nowhere when he sees someone place a note behind a brick in the wall near him. Using witcher vision, you can see a red brick nearby. Looting this brick starts the quest. The red brick can be found on the left of the southern face of the double-arch passageway (the one with the flatbed cart), roughly 2 o'clock from the Kingfisher Inn. The note found there will lead you to another brick in an arch pathway near the Crippled Kate's with another note and a key. It will finally lead you to a treasure chest in the sewers of Gildorf in the north of Novigrad where some loot and another note mentioning how the Trade Corporation has broken off negotiations with Nilfgaard can be found.
Journal entry Edit
- During his travels through Novigrad the witcher witnessed an extraordinary event. Right before his eyes a mysterious man put something in a hidden dropbox located in the wall of a building. Geralt looked into the box and found a note which directed him to the next location where secret notes were left.
- Geralt followed the thread back to its source and wound up at a place where Nilfgaardian spies loaded and unloaded contraband. Geralt might not take a keen interest in politics, but he noted the emperor certainly seemed to be taking a keen interest in Novigrad.
- Read the note
- Find the next stash using your Witcher Senses.
- Read the note from the dropbox.
- Take the loot from the spies' chest.