Kill the ghouls and turns out there's a person trapped under the cart. You help Gert Borel out from under the cart and can end up using the dialogue choices to convince him to burn his cart and the dead bodies. You suggest to the guy he go burn his clothes and scrub himself off as he was stuck under plague victims for some time. He refuses adamant he won't get sick because he never gets ill.
You both go your separate ways until you find him some time later between Reardon Manor and Benek between several Nekker nests. At this point you talk to him and discover he did indeed catch the plague, he then asks you to kill him thus sparing him the misery. You can either choose to kill him or not. There are no known further repercussions to either choice.
Journal entry Edit
- On one of Velen's muddy roads Geralt came across an unfortunate soul trapped under his cart. The man had had an accident while hauling corpses of plague victims. The witcher decided to help him.
- Geralt helped the man right his cart. He also advised him to burn everything he was wearing and give his body a good scrubbing, yet the man brushed off this bit of sage counsel, claiming no contagion could touch him.
If Gert's request is refused:
- Some time later Geralt met the cart driver again and discovered he was now in the last stages of a terminal illness. The man asked the witcher to put him out of his misery, but Geralt refused.
If Gert is killed:
- Some time later Geralt met the cart driver again and discovered he was now in the last stages of a terminal illness. The man asked the witcher to to put him out of his misery, and Geralt glumly agreed to do so.
- Help the trapped man.
- Help the man burn the bodies.