Gwent: Playing Innkeeps is a secondary quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. There are a number of innkeeps that Geralt can challenge to a game of Gwent. For this quest, he must challenge Stjepan at The Alchemy in Oxenfurt, the Innkeep at the Inn at the Crossroads, and Olivier at The Kingfisher in Novigrad.
Journal entry Edit
- It is an innkeeper's job to tend to his guests' needs. Usually this takes the form of serving strong drinks and listening to tales of loves lost and wounds received. Yet at times a patron will wish to play a hand of gwent, which is why all good innkeepers keep a deck at the ready at all times. And the excellent ones - they keep excellent decks, full of top-notch cards that can provide an evening of challenge and excitement to even the most refined gwent player. Geralt was determined to win some of these cards for himself.
- Geralt played and defeated all the excellent innkeepers he could find and added many powerful new cards to his collection.
- Win a unique card from the innkeep at the Inn at the Crossroads.
- Win Stjepan's unique card.
- The following objectives are mutually exclusive and depend on events during the "Now or Never" quest:
- If Olivier is still alive: Win Olivier's unique card.
- If Olivier is dead: Find a unique card in the Kingfisher.