To complete it, you must collect every single card of each type; a total of 120 cards, from the 199 available cards. The other 79 cards are duplicates (for example, there are three “Ghoul” cards you can find, but you only need one for this quest objective). 
- Northern Realms Gwent deck (40 cards)
- Nilfgaardian Empire Gwent deck (41 cards)
- Monsters Gwent deck (44 cards)
- Scoia'tael Gwent deck (41 cards)
- Neutral Gwent cards (29 cards)
Journal entry Edit
- In his previous adventures, Geralt had gained fame as a master dice poker player. Yet having mastered all challengers in this arena, he had no choice but to find another in which to garner more laurels. He thus decided to take up gwent, and since he aimed to play at the highest levels, he felt he had to gather a complete collection of all the cards available – including some which could only be had by winning them off the best players around.
- Complete your collection of Gwent cards.
To finish this quest you must finish Gwent side quests and win cards from random NPCs until A Miraculous Guide to Gwent book shows there are no more cards to collect. The book includes Gwent side quests.
This quest doesn't include the cards which came with the expansion packs.
A Miraculous Guide to Gwent book doesn't include the cards which came with the expansion packs.
There are 2 easily missable cards in Velen. To get them you must free the Claywich merchant who is held captive to the east of the Claywich. Be careful, this merchant is bugged. Make a save just before opening his cage. Then make a fast travel to the Claywich. If talking option doesn't show up reload until it does. (Done with Patch 1.22) You can also play with him for a randomly earned card.