Gors Velen is a port city on the northern coast of the North Sea in Temeria. It is just east of the Cidaris, south of Oxenfurt and northwest of Dorian. The forest of Brokilon lies immediately to the south of the city.Kardo Street runs through the city connecting the Main gate to the Sea gate. The town is also well known for its fish market on Circle Street, whose strong aromas attract the local cat population. In the centre of the market stands the "Thief's Bastion".
"They soon saw the city; surrounded by walls, bristling with towers with glistening, pointed roofs. And beyond the city was the sea; grey-green, sparkling in the morning sun, flecked here and there with the white dots of sails. Ciri reined in her horse at the edge of a sandy drop, stood up in her stirrups and greedily breathed in the wind and the scent.
- "Gors Velen," said Yennefer, riding up and stopping at her side. "We finally made it. Let's get back on the road."
- pg. 50, Time of Contempt (UK edition)
Prominent citizens Edit
- Town Hall, with its golden weathervane.
- Fish market
- Molnar Bank
- Thanedd Island
- The Unlaced Corset
- The Silver Heron, the finest tavern in town.
- Brigand's tower
- Goldsmiths' Alley
- Main Gate
- Sea Gate
- the Ring road
- Kardo Street, the main street connecting the Main Gate and the Sea Gate.
- The city is built on elven ruins and its name seems to be Elder Speech. It could mean "Velen Marsh" or "Marsh of Velen".