| ||Giants... they've been extinct for ages. Anyone actually seen the one on Undvik?|| |
|- Geralt to Crach upon hearing about Myrhyff, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt|
A giant, sometimes also referred to as a titan, is a large, strong creature that usually inhabits mountains, but can also be found in other areas.
By 1272 only a handful of them are still alive, making many people believe they're just a myth and even most witchers believe they've gone extinct. Even though they are quite sentient, all attempts to communicate with them have ended in vain.
Behavior EditIn Beauclair Palace, there is a tapestry depicting a fight between the giants and cyclopses while another shows a titan trying to kill a dragon. This may suggest that giants are highly aggressive against others, even if they too are ogroids.
- Lady of the Lake
Known Giants Edit
- Myrhyff, the ice giant of Undvik
- Golyat, human turned into one by a curse
- Cloud Giant
- Hräsvelg, mythical
- A giant was supposed to appear in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as an opponent with his own bestiary entry, unique combat tactics, and other features. In CD Projekt RED's 2014 leaked materials, he's described as a "Giant human approx. 4 meters high, quite intelligent. Lives in the forests." Character Art Director, Paweł Mielniczuk, even created a "one hour speed sculpts during production practice sessions." However, the giant was removed later in development. It's also possible that he was simply postponed for expansions and dubbed Golyat.
- ↑ Blood of Elves
- ↑ The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- ↑ The official Prima game guide
- ↑ The Lady of the Lake
- ↑ The World of the Witcher
- ↑ Leaked CD Projekt Red materials from 2014
- ↑ Paweł Mielniczuk's ArtStation: Speed sculpts