- "Giants... they've been extinct for ages. Anyone actually seen the one on Undvik."
- —Geralt to Crach upon hearing about Myrhyff[src]
A giant, sometimes also referred to as a titan, is a large, strong creature that usually inhabits mountains, but can also be found in other areas.
By 1272 only a handful of them are still alive, making many people believe they're just a myth and even most witchers believe they've gone extinct. Even though they are quite sentient, all attempts to communicate with them have ended in vain.
In Beauclair Palace, there is a tapestry depicting a fight between the giants and cyclopses while another shows a titan trying to kill a dragon. This may suggest that giants are highly aggressive against others, even if they too are ogroids.
|“||He looked at a tapestry depicting a fight between a titan and a dragon. The titan, standing solidly on two left legs, was trying to break dragon's jaw, and the dragon looked none too pleasent about it.||”|
— pg(s). ??, Lady of the Lake (UK edition)
Known Giants Edit
- Myrhyff, the ice giant of Undvik
- Golyat, human turned into one by a curse
- Cloud Giant
- Hräsvelg, mythical
- A giant was supposed to appear in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as an opponent with his own bestiary entry, unique combat tactics, and other features. In CD Projekt RED's 2014 leaked materials, he's described as a "Giant human approx. 4 meters high, quite intelligent. Lives in the forests." Character Art Director, Paweł Mielniczuk, even created a "one hour speed sculpts during production practice sessions." However, the giant was removed later in development. It's also possible that he was simply postponed for expansions and dubbed Golyat.