Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A few gameplay-related tactics and tips are listed here:
- As mentioned on the difficulty selection screen, potions are not required to survive.
- Players are encouraged to concentrate on pure damage caused by weapons, since two or three blows suffice to finish off opponents. There is no need to consider pain, stun, etc.
- Igni Sign development is also encouraged.
- Players might like to try the Order path due to vitality regeneration (via Raven's armor of the Order).
- It might not be recommendable to play the Witcher / neutral path, since this will make Geralt more enemies.
- As mentioned on the difficulty selection screen, potions are helpful.
- As mentioned on the difficulty selection screen, potions are required to survive.
- Players are encouraged to focus on the critical effects of their weapons.
- Aard Sign development is suggested against weapon carrying opponents.
- Yrden Sign development is suggested against tough opponents.
- Axii Sign development is suggested against more than one tough opponent.
- Players are encouraged to choose the order path due to vitality regeneration (via Raven's armor of the Order) or the Elven path for endurance regeneration (via Raven's armor of the Elves).
- As always, lower the video settings for higher performance (frame-rate-wise).
- Install the Enhanced Edition patch if you have the old version of The Witcher (prettier, plus many bug fixes and other optimizations).
- The fastest running speed can be achieved in Fast silver mode.