Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Funeral Pyres is a secondary quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, which can be started by locating and speaking to a priest of the Eternal Fire in Grayrocks in Velen. The priest can be found praying at an alter along the side of the road just West of Mulbrydale. The guards standing nearby will initially warn off Geralt but the priest will ask you to approach.
Quest Description Edit
- "In No Man's Land Geralt was given a contract by an Eternal Fire priest. His task: to burn the bodies of soldiers who had fallen during the recent battle in order to keep necrophages from eating them."
Find and burn the bodies Edit
When Geralt approaches the priest and speaks with him, he immediately offers the witcher a job. The priest says that even someone defiled, like that of a witcher, can serve the higher power. He requests that Geralt kill the necrophages on a nearby battlefield so that the dead can receive proper rites. With the promise of a handsomely profitable job if Geralt accepts the contract, he is given some holy oils with which to burn the dead bodies. When complete, the priest says that he will be near the bridge to the border outpost between Velen and Novigrad.
The bodies can be burned in any order you choose, the following order is optimal:
- Just Southweset of the priest and his guards. A rotfiend lurker and possibly a wild dog may block your path but once dispatched use the holy oil on the bodies in the pit and ignite them with Igni
- Directly North of the first pit, over the hill and down into the thicket. Once the four ghouls are defeated, set fire to the bodies in the pit.
- A fair distance away to the Southeast is the final grave site. Upon arrival a single man can be seen fending off a pack of ghouls. Intervene quickly to save the man who will introduce himself as Titus Glelas. Once the conversation is complete, burn the bodies to complete the objective.
Note: Titus can be killed by the ghouls if you don't intervene quickly enough. If this happens you will still be able to complete the quest, however with reduced reward potential.
Titus Glelas will immediately mention a priest and if questioned more will reveal that he was attacked and left to die here by the very same priest who contracted the witcher to burn the bodies. Geralt will learn that the priest who hired him was a regular fisstech customer of Titus' and their most recent dealings went bad. The priest ordered his guards to attack Titus and leave him to be finished off by ghouls and then hired the witcher to burn the evidence.
Return to the priest Edit
Meet with the priest and decide how to end the quest:
- If Geralt did not save Titus or did not question him about the involvement of the priest the only option available will be to take the priest's paltry offering of 20 .
- If Geralt saved Titus and questioned him regarding the priest's he may choose to accept a bribe from the priest for keeping the secret safe for 60 .
- If Geralt saved Titus and questioned him regarding the priest's but does not accept the bribe, he will have to fight the priest and his two guards but can then collect the handsome sum of 200 off the priest's body.
Additional Info Edit
Closing Quest Description Edit
- "Though his contract giver had proven to be a hypocrite and a drug dealer, Geralt accepted his coin. As the ancient proverb says, pecunia non olet.
The witcher followed the priest's directions and went to burn the bodies. Doing so revealed the clergyman's true motivations: lighting the fire he had requested would also burn evidence of the priest's involvement in the fisstech trade..."