To start this quest you need to find an Ofier diagram that is untranslated. These are spread throughout the world, but the easiest one to find is during the side quest “Rose on a Red Field.” When you come across the first group of soldiers quickly take care of them and inspect the cabin. Open the chest on the right-hand side to find a diagram for “Trousers diagram - untranslated.”
Take the diagram to the Ofierian Salesman near the Upper Mill signpost. If you ask him about the diagram, he explains that it is part of a full set and the other diagrams were stolen. He gives you a clue by telling you where he was attacked and the diagrams were stolen. Ride Roach to the scene of the attack and investigate.
At the sight, you will find a set of footprints. Follow them slightly up a nearby hill, until the trail goes cold. Walk a tad up the hill with your Witcher Senses and it won’t take long to find a pool of blood. Now follow that trail to a corpse further up the hill. When you investigate the corpse, the trail goes cold again. Walk past the corpse on the left to pick up the footprint trail again. Not too far ahead is a hidden door beneath some hay.
Open the door and climb down into the secret lair. Slay the Fallen Knights that hide out down below. If you are having trouble with the shield carrying knights, use Axii to stun them so you can land a blow or two. With the Fallen Knights out of the picture, use your Witcher Senses to find the chest you need to loot. Inside will be the next diagram and a note. Read it to learn the other camps’ potiions.
The rest of the quest plays out the same between the two remaining camps. Ride to them, clear them out, loot the chests. The number of soldiers does increase. By the final camp, you will have around 10-12 Fallen Knights to defeat. Some tips for clearing out these camps.
When you have collected the remaining two diagrams, ride or fast travel back to the Ofierian Salesman to have him translate them. He says it will take one day’s time. Simply meditate for one full day and claim your reward. If you craft all the gear and wear it, you can earn the “I Wore Ofieri Before It Was Cool” trophy/achievement.
Journal entry Edit
- While wandering the Redanian borderlands Geralt happened across some crafting diagrams written in a foreign tongue. He supposed the language was Ofieri, but, not being a linguist, he could not be certain. Wanting to resolve this mystery, he decided to look around for Ofieris, having made the indisputable deduction that where there are Ofieri documents, there must surely be Ofieris as well.
- Who would have expected Geralt to come across a camp of Ofieris somewhere on the Redanian frontier? Yet life can be surprising – travelers from a land far across the sea had indeed chosen to pitch their tents in just such a place. The new arrivals had come to gain knowledge and give gifts, but, since life can be unpleasantly surprising as well, they were attacked and robbed by locals. When Geralt heard about this, he felt sorry for the foreigners' loss and decided to help them retrieve their belongings. Malicious types might claim he only did so to get the crafting diagrams he'd been promised as a reward, but I am not among their number and do not believe that for one instant.
- After a great deal of searching, the witcher found the stolen diagrams and delivered them to the merchant as agreed. The merchant repaid him with gratitude and copies of the diagrams translated into a tongue local craftsmen could understand.
- Find someone who can speak Ofieri
- Look for the place where the Ofieri merchant was attacked
- Find all the diagrams from the Ofieri gear set and return them to the merchant to be duplicated and translated (4 diagrams)
- Use your Witcher Senses to search the site of the attack
- Use your Witcher Senses to follow the bandits trail
- Search the bandits' hideout
- Read the letter you found
- Search the remaining bandit camps
- Return the diagrams to the Ofieri merchant
- Wait one day for the merchant to translate the diagrams
- Collect the translated diagrams from the Ofieri merchant