If you choose to intervene, the quest begins with Ivar, and he’s after a collection of books.
These books can be found randomly or purchased in several locations (check the quest item section in the inventory; you may have some already) but guaranteed copies are found at the following spots:
- Change Your Life! A Handbook – loan shark merchant in Novigrad, northwest of the Southern Gate, West of Arette, and southwest of the Oxenfurt Gate
- The Cult of Freya – purchase from reluctant alchemist merchant masquerading as priest in Elector’s Square, north Novigrad
- The Curious Case of Virtuous Vegga – merchant in Novigrad near the notice board at St Gregory’s Bridge
- Religion and Life – purchase from merchant in Crow’s Perch
- Tristianna and Isador – purchase from merchant in Lindenvale
Return to Ivar once you have all five.
Journal Entry Edit
- On one of Skellige's beaches, Geralt ran into a man desperately fending off an enraged assailant. The witcher could hardly look upon this spectacle impassively and decided to help. After the fight, Ivar, for this was the man's name, admitted his attacker had been the brother of the woman Ivar loved. He had sought to kill Ivar for seducing his sister, who was a priestess of Freya and thus bound by custom to live a life of chastity. Ivar, however, refused to let religion stand in the way of his love and aimed to scour learned books for a precedent that would help him negotiate his beloved's release from her vows. Geralt agreed to bring him any relevant books he found.
- Geralt kept his word and brought Ivar all the books about love and religion he could find.
Location of Quest Giver Edit
(Click image to enlarge)
- Gather books describing religious customs and precedents and take them to Ivar.
- Take the books you found to Ivar, he might find them interesting.