CRITICAL NOTE: If you have installed the Hearts of Stone expansion and Blood and Wine expansions, during your very first playthrough, given what level you are, this will likely be the point Final Preparations starts, and this is a fully possible time to start the expansion quests (beginning with the slightly lower-level Hearts of Stone) without having to wait for a New Game +.
Journal entry Edit
- Ciri's spirits were high after killing Imlerith, but Geralt knew this fight had been but an appetizer before the full course of battle still to come. As part of their preparations, Geralt and Ciri rode to Novigrad, where Triss and Yennefer were trying to reconvene the Lodge of Sorceresses. Avallac'h was waiting there as well, and had his own ideas how to tip the scales of victory in our allies' favor during their final confrontation with Eredin...
- Geralt and the sorceresses successfully gathered their allies and reconvened Lodge of Sorceress. Though many obstacles had threatened to block their progress, they had surmounted them all and emerged relatively unscathed. All the preliminaries were now finished - and the last battle against the Wild Hunt could commence.
- Help Ciri take care of her business in Novigrad. (Starts Payback)
- Note: This objective is relative to the time of day. It will only be available during daylight hours.
- Wait for daylight
- Talk to Triss (Starts Blindingly Obvious )
- Talk to Avallac'h (Starts Through Time and Space )
- Talk to Yennefer (Starts The Great Escape )
- Meet Yennefer and the Lodge of Sorceresses at Dandelion's inn
During the last objective to meet at the inn, there will be a dialogue choice with Ciri:
- Going with you.
- You'll do fine on your own.
Choosing the first option goes toward the "bad" ending, since Ciri is relying on Geralt for her own choices. The second choice goes toward the "good" ending, with an independent Ciri making decisions for herself.