Letter from Hearts of Stone expansion.
Journal entry Edit
- 15th of Blathe
- Our supply of formic acid grows thinner by the day. True, Master Urlich sent brethren to watch the high road, but I find it far-fetched to believe a caravan of alchemists will ride past them hauling full barrels of acid any time soon. Ergo, we must try to procure some on our own, for otherwise there can be no talk of producing any more fisstech.
- 26th of Blathe23rd of Blathe
- My experiments have proven we can obtain the missing substance following a very simple procedure. I now need only convince the brethren of the necessity of a few little bee stings…
- 26th of Blathe25th of Blathe
- Obtaining formic acid from bee venom has proven extremely exhausting and is progressing far too slowly to satisfy our needs. Perhaps a change of methods is in order… [scribbled in the margin] idea: simmer common urtica dioica in a covered pot above an open fire, letting the steam condense into a series of wooden buckets underneath, one of which will receive the acidic portion and thus the formic acid…
- 26th of Blathe
- The brethren have grown extremely irritated. Not only by the bee stings, but by the fact that now they must gather stinging nettle…