Even though there is not a recommendation for a level in this quest, after you talk with Albin Hart the quest Bitter Harvest will start and it has a recommendation of level 9, bear that in mind before talking with him.
Journal entry Edit
- During the war that pitted the Northern Realms against Nilfgaard, the border along the Pontar river was closed. Whoever wanted to cross at the border posts had to show a pass issued by the Redanian high command. Or, barring that, one of the convincing counterfeits sold by the shady Redanian who hung about near the river crossings.
- The false papers proved as good as real ones. Once Geralt had acquired them, he could cross the border at will.
If Albin Hart dies during Bitter Harvest quest:
- The conterfeiter made Geralt an offer he couldn't refuse: a falsified pass in exchange for helping the man's brother. Geralt eagerly agreed to the exchange, but didn't hold up his end of the bargain. The conterfeiter's brother died, and Geralt had to find another way of securing transit papers.
- See what the counterfeit pass seller's brother-in-law needs.
- Return for the discounted pass.