Journal entry Edit
Sometimes traveling can be deadly dull - nothing but the slow crawl of the horizon, the sun beating down on your neck and the chirping of crickets. Other times, however, it can be surprisingly eventful, as a certain Gaston, a simple merchant from Toussaint, learned for himself when he happened across a mortally wounded man by the roadside. Though he provided aid as quickly as he could, the mysterious man soon bled to death. Right as he did, up walked the hero of my tale, Geralt.
Though Geralt usually works alone, he made an exception in this case and agreed to let Gaston accompany him. Together they set off following the dead man's tracks towards a residence in which all seemed calm and quiet. Yet once they entered, they found overturned tables, cracked dishes and... more bodies. Luckily, the owner of the villa, Durand Faucher-Plamondon de Savarin, had survived the massacre and was able to tell them what had happened. It seemed Durand and his companions from the Society of Friends of the History of Toussaint had accidentally summoned some kind of monster. Geralt knew his duty was to draw the beast there again and exterminate it before it could shed more blood.
The story had a surprising finale. They discovered the massacre had been committed by... elven statues. Durand had purchased these a few weeks prior. They were in truth golems, meant to be part of a trap set by the last elven ruler of Toussaint, Divethaf, to take out his vanquisher and tormentor, King Ludovic. Divethaf's trap was never sprung, so his golems slept through the centuries, undisturbed until Durand repeated a formula during an act of historic reconstruction and they awoke...
- Follow the tracks of the murdered man using your Witcher Senses.
- Investigate the estate grounds using your Witcher Senses.
- Use your Witcher Senses to follow the smell of burning.
- Light all the lamps in the garden. (6)
- Take a loaf of elven bread.
- Place an offering of elven bread in front of Durand's throne.
- Take a bottle of elven wine.
- Place an offering of elven wine in front of Durand's throne.
- Pick up an elven shield.
- Pick up an elven sword.
- Draw the elven sword and shield.
- Kneel before Durand.
- Defeat the living statues.