Envoys, Wineboys is the first plot quest in the Blood and Wine Expansion.
- Appeal to Sir Geralt of Rivia, the Bridge his crest
- Geralt of Rivia,
- At the behest of our merciful sovereign, Her Illustrious Grace Anna Henrietta, we have journeyed to the Northem Realms to lay before you our mission. A terrible monster has appeared in the Duchy of Toussaint, a beast that has committed heinous crimes against her Grace's subjects. Only the Most Famous Among Witchers has the ability to destroy the Beast, thus we humbly beseech you to appear in the village of Holloway, where we shall await you in full hope that you will deign to hear of our woes and liberate our land from the clutches of fear.
- Your humble servants:
- Sirs Palmerin de Launfal and Milton de Peyrac-Peyran, Knights in the Service of Her Grace and the Duchy
Journal entry Edit
- It was a time when there seemed to be two Geralts. One was a celebrity, at least in certain circles, while the other remained a mercenary who did dirty work for coin. At any rate, both these Geralts happened on a contract of an unusual sort, not least because it marked the star of a new adventure. And this adventure I will gladly relate.
- It began in a manner most ordinary, with a notice posted on a board in Velen. The Witcher read the notice and set out see what else he could learn.
- In Holloway, the witcher came upon two friends of years long past – Palmerin de Launfal and Milton de Peyrac-Peyran, who had come to Velen as emissaries of their sovereign duchess.
- If you find yourself wondering why these knights errant seemed stuck in this slipshod backwater hamlet in Velen, I hasten to explain – they had decided to wage war on some local bandits. Palmerin, ever eager to resolve crises peacefully, intended to address the robbers, appeal to their sense of decency and thus direct them onto a path of virtue. Geralt expected Palmerin's rhetoric to fall on deaf ears. When the bandits arrived, Palmerin put in a valiant effort, yet ultimately a bloody fight broke out. The witcher assisted the knights from afar to deal with the local rabble. Though this could seem a somewhat unpatriotic act, there is no doubt Geralt's choice was thoroughly justified and that he had taken the moral high ground.
- Yet in telling a story, one should never get ahead of oneself. Suffice now to say the knights delivered their message, and the witcher agreed to take on the contract. He then promptly set off for Toussaint in their company to face the Beast that tormented the duchy. And thus the adventure was underway.
- Look for a new contract on notice boards in Velen.
- Meet the Toussaint knights in Holloway.
- Help Palmerin and Milton defeat the bandits. (50)
- Go with Palmerin and Milton to Toussaint.
- You need to have finished ''A Poet Under Pressure'' quest in order to start this one.