Empty Coop is a secondary quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
In a house between the Honeyfill Meadworks and Dancing Windmill, an old lady named Yanina told the witcher that her chickens were going missing one at a time and that there were tracks of wolf paws but as if they were on their hind legs. After tracking the wolf prints across the stream, Geralt received 10 and found a camp of three orphan children. The children explained that their parents were caught by soldiers while they were crossing the river and that the wolf prints came from wolf paws under their shoes. The witcher can then either leave the children or tell them to get help which they would reply that no one would take them and they planned to live deep in the forest to hunt and never grow up. After the conversation, the witcher comes back to the old lady and tells her that it was children who stole her hens. Geralt can either tell the old lady that they'll be back or convince her to take them in. If the witcher convinces the old lady, she will tell Geralt that she'll give it some thought and the quest will end there with 25 more.
After the quest is through-if you had convinced her to take the children in-you can return later and the children will be there with the kind hearted woman. There is dialogue as well between the little girl and woman with the little girl asking if the spotted hen could be a hen to call her own.
Journal Entry Edit
- An old woman in Velen asked Geralt for an unusual favor. Some time ago her hens had gone missing from her hen house. Based on the tracks she had found, the woman suspected some two-legged creature with wolf-like paws was responsible. Geralt decided to investigate this mysterious being.
- Geralt discovered the chicken thief was not a monster but a group of war orphans. Their parents caught and killed by passing soldiers, the children had been forced to fend for themselves - and Geralt was forced to choose what to do with them.
- Find out more about the contract.
- Find out what's stealing the old woman's chickens using your Witcher Senses.
- Convince the old woman to take in the children.