Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
East of the "civilized" Northern Kingdoms and Nilfgaardian Empire lie sparsely populated, vast lands of the east. Although not distant from the western realms, due to isolation by the almost impassable mountain ranges of Blue Mountains and Tir Tochair, entirely different and exotic human cultures have developed in the region.
Most of the region is a subecumene, terrains only periodically inhabited by intelligent races. The southernmost known territory is the Korath desert - an arid area nicknamed the Frying Pan, full of the mysterious catacombs and dangerous monsters. North of Korath, the exotic land of Zerrikania is located, which is connected with Northern Realms via Elskerdeg Pass and the Wasteland. The "realm" has more varied landscape consisting mostly of grasslands and primeval forests, though the centre of the region is a rocky crust intersected by a grand canyon, densely populated by Zerrikenian people. Northeast to Zerrikenia lies the boundless steppes of Hakland.
*To be added
Fauna and flora Edit
The novels contain several mentions of Zerrikenian animals, like tigers or antelopes. In The Witcher gaining knowledge about the larvae of tse tse flies is an important patch for successful completing the Anatomy of a Crime quest.
The sandy part of Korath is a habitat for the giant dangerous species of monsters, representatives of which gain feed similar to the larvae of the antlions. One of these creatures attacked Ciri during her travel through the desert.
- Zerrikenia - matriarchy ruled by women 
- Haakland - land of nomadic tribes of Haaki peoples, northeast of Zerrikenia
- Korath - realm in bygone era, now only desert  Ofir, further west than other eastern realms, lies south of Nilfgaard and its provinces
- ↑ Forested areas mentioned at least by the Gardener in The Witcher game and in article about Zerrikania for Wiedźmin: Gra Wyobraźni
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Official article about Zerrikania for Wiedźmin: Gra Wyobraźni published in Magia i Miecz magazine. The available copy of text can be found here (Polish only)
- ↑ According to Yarpen Zigrin, elves don't know what is beyond the range's eastern edge. (Blood of Elves)
- ↑ In the World of Witcher from CD Projekt Red