Notable drowned dead Edit
- Nadir, a trophy quest in the Outskirts of Vizima.
- Zephyr, a former thief featured in a secondary quest in Chapter IV of The Witcher (computer game).
- "Particularly strong and dangerous drowners are known as the drowned dead. Simple people see no difference between the drowner and the drowned dead — encountering either of them is equally deadly. We might suppose, though, that the most gloomy legends concern the drowned dead rather than drowners."
- Swamp Monsters
- In Chapter II, Shani will give Geralt this bestiary entry if he asks her for a monster anatomy lesson after delivering five Celandine during the Old Friend of Mine quest. Depending on the circumstances, Shani will either give this entry or a fleder entry (and their alchemies), but these seem to be mutually exclusive.
- In the "Side Effects" premium module: The Book of Drowned Dead
- Their remains will not contain their tongues until you have this bestiary entry in your journal.
- An "Old townswoman" in Chapter I will tell Geralt a tale of Drowned Dead in exchange for food. However, the conversation gives a journal entry for Drowners, not Drowned Dead.
- A drowned dead has about twice the amount of hit points of a regular drowner; 50 instead of 25.
Drowned dead return in The Witcher 2, however they are very rare and usually appear only at night near the site of Sabrina Glevissig's execution or near the bandit hideout . They are also classified as a subspecies of drowners.
Drowned dead is back in most his full awfulness, thus look pretty much same as in second game and appears ussually among five drowners.