- Diary of a Dice Collector
- "Summer, 1263. A dwarven regiment of the Mahakam Volunteer Army is stationed near my estate. The officers spend their days playing dice poker. It seems an interesting game.
- Autumn, 1263. The dwarves have marched south toward a great battle with Nilfgaard. Dear old Molnar gave me a set of dice. I think he meant to compensate me for all the games I lost.
- Winter, 1264. My trip to Vizima was worthwhile — I won a decent sum at the inn. It's a pity the locals don't want to play me anymore. I must learn to lose a bit more often.
- Spring, 1264. The jade dice cost me a fortune, but my collection would be incomplete without them. Every now and again I manage to convince someone to play a round with me, but I feel I must move to the city again.
- Autumn, 1264. What rotten luck! I had to sell father's estate. As soon as I start winning again, I'll buy it back.
- Spring, 1265. I was told a band of deserters stalks the area. I doubt the poor village or my humble abode holds anything of value around. There's nothing of value around here... Maybe they would fancy a game of dice poker?"
The diary of a passionate dice poker gambler.
- Glossary: Dice Poker
- It seems likely that the author of this work is none other than the Gambling Ghost.