Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
However he must fix two more shrines. Once Geralt fixes the second shrine, he must now turn to the last shrine. Upon arrival, Geralt encounters the vandals destroying the shrine. Letting them do what they pleases fails the quest but completes it by beating them.
Journal entry Edit
- Geralt has a "live and let live" policy regarding the gods and their worshipers: if they don't bother him, he returns the favor. Sadly, not everyone follows this sage precept. A distraught woman in Velen informed him someone had been destroying the shrines that dot that region's roadsides. She begged him to repair the damage and, if possible, punish those responsible. Though he did not share the woman's devotion or outrage at this sacrilege, he decided to help all the same.
- While following the trail of damaged holy sites Geralt encountered a group of young men who, he learned, were students at Oxenfurt Academy. Influenced by some radical philosopher, they had taken up arms in the battle against religion.
- If Geralt stops the vandals:
- As is often the case with students, what began as a measured discussion of worldviews ended in a brawl.
- If Geralt doesn't interfere:
- The witcher engaged them in a philosophical discussion which threatened to come to blows, but luckily merely ended with an exchange of profanities and insults.
- Fix all the damaged shrines. 2/3. There is no way you can fix the third shrine, because it is not broken and still standing.
- Defeat the vandals
- If you don't stop vandals, you'll spare their lives, but the quest would fail.
- Regardless of the order of what shrine Geralt fixes, the students would appear at the last shrine Geralt visits.
- If you don't draw your sword, the students won't draw their swords as well, so it becomes a fistfight, not a bloody massacre, though the result is the same - they all end up dead or unconscious.