First deadly crossing Edit
At the bridges and river crossings of war-torn Velen, expect to encounter groups of ne’er-do-wells. They can be hostile, so use diplomatic conversation choices, avoid them, or engage them. At the “Troll Bridge” on your map, you encounter a group of bandits ordering a toll to be paid. Your words speak louder than your actions, at least at first:
- (50) Pay the bandit, and cross the bridge.
- (Axii Level 2) Flummox the bandits, and pass.
- Introduce the three bandits to the pointy end of your steel sword. Then manually lower the bridge at the wooden winch. 
Second deadly crossing Edit
Bridge Looters: A couple of looters are sifting through the corpses of the fallen red army at the long wooden river bridge south and a little west of Mulbrydale, and north of Lindenvale. They’ve found a weapon they want to sell. You can:
- (525) Pay them and take the Mourner.
- Refuse, and be on your way.
- Refuse, kill them and take the sword for free.
Third deadly crossing Edit
At the bridges and river crossings of war-torn Velen, expect to encounter groups of ne’er-do-wells looting the corpses of the fallen, or guarding valuables of some note. They can be hostile, so use diplomatic conversation choices, avoid them, or engage them.
Find them west of the Dragonslayer’s Grotto, in the woods by a small wooden log bridge over a ravine. A few steps east are some nekkers to slay, and a group of looters at a path junction.
Second deadly crossing is only available in night.