Cynthia is also involved in the quest The Secrets of Loc Muinne. This is a new quest added in the Enhanced Edition, and only available on Iorveth's Path. Upon completing the quest, Geralt can either side with Cynthia or take revenge for her role in Triss' kidnapping. If sided with, she can become a sexual partner for Geralt, whereas if sided against, she and Adalbert are killed by the witcher after a strenuous battle.
During Where is Triss Merigold?, Geralt learns from Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen that Cynthia, unknown even to Philippa, is actually a Nilfgaardian spy that was sent to infiltrate Saskia's rebels and spy the actions of the Lodge of Sorceresses. While under cover she managed to capture Triss and compress her into a small jade statuette which she gave to a messenger to send it to Shilard.
Journal Entry Edit
- Philippa Eilhart's preferences in partners were widely known, yet they were audibly commented upon only in a specific circles, and only when the sorceress could not hear. Cynthia was Philippa's lover at the time – not the first one, and probably not the last.
- As it turned out, Cynthia was also a spy for the Nilfgaardian Empire. However, those who could have stopped her saw through her games too late.
- Added in Enhanced Edition:
- Geralt had not expected to run into Cynthia again, let alone in such an unusual place. But he did. The Nilfgaardian was leading a scientific expedition that was to explore the caverns beneath Loc Muinne. Their objective was to reach the laboratory of the famous mage Dearhenna
- Once the expedition reached its destination and the sorceress found Dearhenna's powerful artifact, Geralt and Cynthia parted. Overcoming mortal danger together had melted the ice between them and brought them closer. Cynthia went her way with her finding, and the witcher went his.
- Throughout their quest beneath the city's ruins, Geralt had remained wary of Cynthia - and for good reason. Yet as they worked together to overcome mortal danger, the ice between them melted. When a quarrel broke out over Dearhenna's legacy, the sorcerer Adalbert wanted to kill the witcher. Cynthia, however, took Geralt's side.
- The corridors beneath Loc Muinne became the sorceress' tomb. A quarrel over Dearhenna's legacy exploded into a fight, and Geralt Killed Cynthia.
In The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, there is a gwent card that bears her image, name and quote.
- See the GWENT standalone game version card: Cynthia (sorceress)