Cynthia is also involved in the quest The Secrets of Loc Muinne. This is a new quest added in the Enhanced Edition, and only available on Iorveth's Path. Upon completing the quest, Cynthia can become a sexual partner for Geralt.
During Where is Triss Merigold?, Geralt learns from Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen that Cynthia, unbeknownst even to Philippa, is actually a Nilfgaardian spy that was sent to infiltrate Saskia's rebels and spy the actions of the Lodge of Sorceresses. While under cover she managed to capture Triss and compress her into a small jade statuette which she gave to a messenger to send it to Shilard.
Journal Entry Edit
- Philippa Eilhart's preferences in partners were widely known, yet they were audibly commented upon only in a specific circles, and only when the sorceress could not hear. Cynthia was Philippa's lover at the time – not the first one, and probably not the last.
- As it turned out, Cynthia was also a spy for the Nilfgaardian Empire. However, those who could have stopped her saw through her games too late.
- Added in Enhanced Edition:
- Geralt had not expected to run into Cynthia again, let alone in such an unusual place. But he did. The Nilfgaardian was leading a scientific expedition that was to explore the caverns beneath Loc Muinne. Their objective was to reach the laboratory of the famous mage Dearhenna.
- Throughout their quest beneath the city's ruins, Geralt had remained wary of Cynthia - and for good reason. Yet as they worked together to overcome mortal danger, the ice between them melted. When a quarrel broke out over Dearhenna's legacy, the sorcerer Adalbert wanted to kill the witcher. Cynthia, however, took Geralt's side.
In The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, there is a gwent card that bears her image and name.