Cults and Religions of the Nordlings is a book in The Witcher (PC) and is a treatise on the religions of the Northern Kingdoms, written by a Nilfgaardian.
- Cults and Religions of the Nordlings
- "Among the numerous faiths of the Nordlings, the most widespread is the cult of Melitele, a goddess in three forms: young girl, mature woman and old hag. Melitele is a Mother Goddess, caring for her children. Primarily women pray to her, though men in need might also utter supplications. The religion is a vestige of the old matriarchy and testifies to the weakness of the Nordlings — people who worship female deities are soft-hearted and incapable of preparing their sons for war.
- In recent years, the cult of Melitele has found a rival in the cult of the Eternal Fire, which came out of Novigrad. Clerics of the Eternal Fire demonstrate fanaticism and almost complete devotion. The religion is hostile toward any form of otherness, including non-humans. The Order of the Flaming Rose is the cult's military arm.
- The treatise also examines other faiths, including the cult of the Lionhead Spider."
- Cult of Melitele
- Cult of the Eternal Fire
- Cult of the Lionhead Spider
- Order of the Flaming Rose