Contract: The Phantom of Eldberg is one of the witcher contracts available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Geralt of Rivia can first hear about it after defeating Lugos the Madman at fisticuffs during the feast at Kaer Trolde castle. Otherwise, reading the notice outside the inn in Arinbjorn or talking to Jorund about it after arguing with Kori and Kraki will also start the story.
- Contract: The Phantom of Eldberg
- If you got this far, clearly you know how to read, so read the rest, and read it well.
- A wraith's sprung up on Eldberg and covered the whole isle in fog and put out the light in our lighthouse. If you're afraid to face a ghost in battle, stay far from Eldberg, for there you'll find neither gold nor glory, only death. But if you've faced such phantoms before, then know that I, Jorund of Arinbjorn, will pay my own gold to you if you drive off the spirits from our clan's territories.
Journal entry Edit
- Geralt learned that the village called Arinbjorn was suffering from a wraith problem. The ghost haunted the nearby islet of Eldberg, a barren rock of no interest to anyone save for the lighthouse erected upon it. This lighthouse's light had gone out simultaneously with the phantom's appearance. This meant it had become nigh unto impossible to safely navigate a ship into Arinbjorn harbor after dark. The witcher's task was to chase off the phantom and find out what had happened to the lighthouse keeper.
- It turned out the monster of Eldberg was a Penitent - a dangerous wraith which haunted particularly foul sinners.
If Geralt tells Mikkjal to leave:
- It turned out it was the lighthouse keeper, Mikkjal, who was at fault. Working in cahoots with pirates, he would lure ships into the rocks and loot them after they wrecked. These misdeeds were what had drawn the phantom. Geralt dealt with situation as he saw fit and then went to collect his reward.
If Geralt lets Mikkjal off:
- Geralt was not able to establish whose misdeeds had drawn this spirit, but that was not what he was being paid for. With the help of the lighthouse keeper Mikkjal, he defeated the wraith, then went to collect his reward.
- Talk about the contract with Jorund from Arinbjorn.
- Investigate the isle of Eldberg and find Mikkjal, the lighthouse keeper.
- Explore the lighthouse using your Witcher Senses.
- Read the letter from the lighthouse.
- Talk to Mikkjal about the penitent.
- Defend Mikkjal from the penitent until he lights the lighthouse brazier.
- Kill the penitent.
- Take a trophy from the penitent.
- Collect your reward from Jorund.
- Kori and Kraki's father is named Leif.
- If you have already completed the quest King's Gambit, Kori and Kraki will not be provoked to fight you and Jorun will live.