- Contract: Missing Miners
- It'll not come as news to most, but let me repeat for the ignorant: a few of our lads went looking for ore 'in the mountains and never returned. They must've run into trouble, and since those brave warriors couldn't handle it themselves, it must've been serious trouble indeed. That's why I'm looking for a brave man to go up and suss out what's become of them. Whoever does so will get gold to match his glory.
- -Gjarr, village elder of Svorlag
Journal entry Edit
- Young men from the village of Blandare had ventured into the nearby mountains in search of silver. It seemed their expedition ad taken an unfortunate turn, however – and the witcher was tasked with uncovering their fate.
- It turned out a rock troll had taken residence in the caves near Blandare. Though such trolls are, in a certain sense, reasoning beings, they are often unthinkingly cruel and violent in their dealings with men.
If Geralt spares the troll:
- It seemed the rock troll was responsible for the Blandare miners' deaths. Though they knew the cave was inhabited and the troll warned them he did not take kindly to uninvited guests, the miners were not deterred. Greed had driven them to risk their lives for a few hunks of ore.
- Geralt decided that the troll had a right to defend its home and did not deserve to die. This naturally did not sit well with the villagers who had issued the contract, and they refused to pay the witcher a single copper. And so, not for the first time, Geralt walked away from a job empty handed, save for the solace of having listened to his conscience.
If Geralt kills the troll:
- Geralt defeated the rock troll and took its head to Blandare. He was justly rewarded for his efforts - and the villagers could now mine silver in peace and enjoy the steady income that entailed. In brief, everyone had reason to cheer ... except for the troll, that is.
- Players who choose to take on Wham-a-Wham should take note his base level is 32. Fighting him isn't different from all the other rock trolls encountered before. One snag is the darkness of the cave which is partially mitigated by Wham's glowing shell; drink a cat potion before this fight.
- If the troll has a DoT, like bleeding, applied to him when the conversation starts the troll will immediately attack you after the conversation ends even if you decided to spare him.