- "Hemdall watches over clan Tuirseach. The blood of kings!"
The clan has a long history with some members being Jarl's of Skellige, Konungs and one even King of Cintra. In terms of military, clan is different from rest with its skirmishers who are guarding landscape during peace and fighting enemies in times of war. Tuirseachs dress in blue colors with cloaks of bear-skin.
- Torgeir Tuirseach - known as the Red jarl of Ard Skellig who ransacked city of Nilfgaard.
- Eist Tuirseach - firstly Jarl of Skellige, latter king of Cintra and than of Skellige.
- Bran an Tuirseach - clan's leader during books and most of adaptations, Konung.
- Svanrige an Tuirseach - the clan's current leader.
- In the Irish language (Gaeilge) Tuirseach means tired, while Taoiseach means chief. The word Taoiseach is also used to refer to the Irish Prime Minister.