The most powerful of all necrophages, the true king of the necropolis. A Graved Dead spells certain death to anyone but a witcher. This is a well-known fact among grave robbers and all who live near battlefields.
- "Much has been written about ghouls and graveirs, since they are encountered by common people in times of war or in cemeteries. Cemetaurs are female graveirs,rare and stronger than it's graveir husbands, but when they appear in a necropolis, they take it over. All ghouls respect them and must bow to them."
- In Chapter III, occasionally by the collapsed tower in the swamp at night
- Ancient crypts
- Crypt in the cemetery
- In Chapter IV, Geralt can speak with a "Peasant" in Murky Waters (using this model and normally found at the Inn) about Cemetaurs. The conversation does unlock Cemetaurs and their alchemies in the journal.
- In Chapter V, in Old Vizima after the fighting has stopped, a female "Refugee" (who looks like Grandma) will sometimes ask Geralt for food. In exchange, she will tell him a tale of Cemetaurs.
- The Tome of Fear and Loathing, volume II
- Cemetaur remains will not contain their jaws without this bestiary entry.