She has protection arrangements for her girls in place with the local underworld, but on occasion must call upon extra help with some of the nastier elements of the trade. Since Salamandra has moved into town, no one is safe. In Working Girls, she asks the witcher to help three of her girls who are being menaced.
She is one possible choice of guest to invite to Shani's party, though probably not a welcome one. That is all right, as it turns out that she is in love with a werewolf anyway, but she will not reveal his identity, in case Geralt decides to kill him. This leaves the witcher no other choice than to find out for himself.
It is not Geralt's investigation however, that reveals the werewolf's identity. A chance encounter in the restricted part of the Trade Quarter leads to the surprising discovery that Carmen's lover is none other than Vincent, captain of the City Guard. Once she realizes that Geralt knows that Vincent is the werewolf, she begs him to help find a cure.
Associated quests Edit
- Beauty and the Beast
- Dice Poker: The Novice, as a potential opponent
- Old Friend of Mine, as a potential date
- Working Girls
- I met Carmen, a prostitute from Vizima's slums. All the local strumpets value her opinion, and it could be said that Carmen is their representative.
- only if Geralt invites Carmen to Shani's party:
- I invited Carmen to Shani's party. She turned out to be quite entertaining, as I expected she would be.
- only if Geralt cures Vincent:
- only if Geralt kills the werewolf:
- I met Carmen in a strange house in the rebellion-ravaged Temple Quarter.
- Carmen reveals that her real name is Hela in later conversations, which she claims to be too common.
- In the Epilogue, if Geralt has killed Vincent the werewolf, we find Carmen one last time at the safe house where she again calls the witcher a bastard for killing the only person she ever loved. She then reveals the story of how she became a Viziman whore. She was raped by Mikul and his fellow guards, which is how she got pregnant. That pregnancy caused her father, the Reverend, to throw her out onto the streets leaving her few options. She also refers to the Reverend as the "plowing Reverend". If Geralt apologises for killing Vincent, she tells him that she may forgive him someday, but not today.
- If Geralt does not kill Vincent, a nun is present at the safe house instead. She informs him that Carmen and Vincent are now married and living happily. She then proceeds to tell the story of how Carmen became a prostitute after she was disowned by her father, the Reverend.