The kingdom was part of the East March in Kovir, but is now allied with Creyden and Malleore, forming the League. After the First Treaty of Lan Exeter, Benda of Kaedwen was allowed to use, in official documents, the title of sovereign of Caingorn and Malleore.
Caingorn is currently ruled by King Niedamir.
National emblems Edit
Its emblem is described as a griffin on a red field. The drawing is concept art from the Czech site.
Notable Caingornians Edit
- Benda (king of Kaedwen)
- Members of Ademeyn family (in "Price of Neutrality" premium module)
- Audoen (king of Hengfors)
In "The Price of Neutrality" premium module Edit
In the module, the main character, Deidre Ademeyn hails from Caingorn. She is also the heir(ess) apparent for the recently deceased ruler. Currently, her brother Merwin and the sorceress, Sabrina Glevissig both sit on King Henselt's council which oversees Caingorn.
- Caingorn lies west of the Kestrel Mountains and has a silver griffon on a red field as its emblem. The kingdom has allied with Creyden and Malleore, forming the Hengfors League.
- The laws of Caingorn allow for female succession. The eldest children, be they men or women, inherit aristocratic titles and estates. Some nobly born younger sons fixate on the laws of neighboring lands and attempt to subvert this principle, but the law is the law and determines the factual state of things.
- Caingorn is portrayed inaccurately on the world map in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings as a protectorate of Kaedwen and a separate kingdom from Malleore.