- In Chapter I, an "Old townswoman" will tell Geralt a tale about drowned dead in exchange for food. This conversation results in journal entries for Drowners (not Drowned Dead,) Drowner Brain Tissue, Cadaverine, and Ginatz's Acid.
- Swamp Monsters
- The Tome of Fear and Loathing, volume I
- The Tome of Fear and Loathing, volume II
- Geralt can loot the bodies of drowners for cadaverine and ginatz's acid before he has a Bestiary entry for drowners or ingredient entries for those items. However, drowner remains will not contain drowner brain tissue until Geralt has the journal entries.
- Geralt has a conversation about the poisonous nature of cadaverine with a peasant woman in the village of Murky Waters in Chapter IV.
- Although this item does not appear in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, it is mentioned by Geralt in the quest Contract: The Merry Widow, helping Geralt to find the ghoul.
- See the GWENT standalone game version card: Cadaverine