|This article is about the nickname. For the achievement in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, see Butcher of Blaviken (achievement).|
In Blaviken, Geralt slew Renfri's band, as well as Renfri herself, in order to save the lives of innocent villagers. However, to the general populace, it looked like Geralt attacked them for no reason as none knew of Renfri's plans.
- A townswoman: "The Butcher of Blaviken's in town. If you see him, run!!"
Also, if Geralt chooses to speak with the guards:
- Guard: "I know we needed a witcher to kill the sewer beast...but the Butcher of Blaviken?"
- Geralt: "What's the problem?"
- Guard: "I know who you are. The city guards are watching you. I'll hear of no humans being slain in this town."
- Geralt: "You'd hardly be the first to know."
- Guard: "Witty...What you want?"
- During the prologue as you enter the monastery if you strike Arthur Tailles as he rolls on the ground after he will say "Stinking murderer - I remember Blaviken"
- During the quest Troll Trouble you can intimidate one of Dmitri's comrades to reveal the current location of Dmitri by mentioning that you are the Butcher of Blaviken.
- The Butcher of Blaviken is also the title of one of the achievements in the game. You obtain this achievement by killing 500 foes.
Throughout the third game, Geralt or others will mention him being the Butcher of Blaviken.
- During the prologue of the third game, Gaunter O'Dimm refers to Geralt as Butcher of Blaviken during their encounter in the White Orchard Inn.
- When Geralt meets Phillip Strenger, the latter introduces himself by saying "blobtits call me the Bloody Baron" to which Geralt replies "Geralt of Rivia. Blobtits call me the Butcher of Blaviken."
- If Geralt chooses to spare Gaetan in his quest Where the Cat and Wolf Play..., he mentions his past as the Butcher of Blaviken.
- During the quest The Lord of Undvik, after helping Hjalmar slay the ice giant, he tells Geralt that he'll be known as Geralt the Giantslayer, to which Geralt will respond that it sounds better than the Butcher of Blaviken.
- In the Blood and Wine expansion, if Geralt helps Matilda and Liam get over their feud in Wine Wars: Belgaard, they'll create a new wine and allow Geralt to name it. One of these names can be the Butcher of Blaviken, which gives better overall health restoration than the other two choices.