Journal entry Edit
- Ciri's explosion of power had frightened everyone, her most of all. Clearly these uncontrolled outbursts could not be allowed to happen again, and so when the sorceresses departed for Novigrad to gather the Lodge, Ciri, Geralt and Avallac'h remained at Kaer Morhen for a few more days. The Sage hoped to teach Ciri a few tricks for controlling her power.
- Sad to say, in the beginning her training was not progressing as hoped. Ciri had trouble focusing - rage and resignation would overwhelm her in turns.
- If Geralt chooses drinking:
- Though he desperately wanted to, Geralt did not know how to help her. The only idea that came to mind was to offer her some honest conversation over a few hearty glasses of something strong.
- If Geralt chooses to have a snowball fight:
- Geralt, the wily old wolf, knew how to deal with this. Instead of hitting her over the head with some dry motivational lecture, he decided to resort to less conventional measures and... started a snowball fight. pure genius! And what fun! Ah, how I would have loved to have been there... But no matter, the important thing is this moment of carefree respite worked wonders on Ciri - her discouragement slackened and she returned to her training with newfound verve.
- The next morning Ciri woke Geralt before dawn. She was wide-awake, a look of intense excitement on her face and urgency in her voice. What had brought her to this state? The prospect of revenge - she knew Imlerith would soon be attending a witches' sabbath on Bald Mountain. That would be their chance.
- Leaving the safety of protective walls behind them, Geralt and Ciri ventured to Bald Mountain to exact their revenge on Imlerith.
- Talk to Avallac'h about what to do next.
- If Geralt chooses snowball fight:
- Don't let the snowballs hit you. (8)
- Defeat Ciri in a snowball fight. (8)
- Make more snowballs.
- Return to Ciri when you're ready to hit the road.
The timed dialogue option
- Relax. You don't have to be good at everything.
- Think I know what might lift your spirits.
is one of several dialogue choices that determines Ciri's status at the end of the game. The first option contributes to the "bad" ending, while the second option contributes towards a "good" ending. Note that this dialogue is the first deciding factor of the game, and it is still possible to achieve any ending after this point.