The Blood Ties is a secondary quest available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It starts by Geralt of Rivia talking to a noble-woman outside the Nilfgaardian Army Group 'Center' Camp. She asks him to find her son.
Journal entry Edit
- Near the Nilfgaardian camp Geralt ran into a noblewoman from far-off Nazair. She had journeyed to the front in search of her son, a soldier. The woman was worried because her son would write her often, but at some point had suddenly stopped. No one in the camp knew what had happened to him, but the woman did not believe they were truly ignorant. She offered Geralt a reward for discovering the truth.
- It turned out the noblewoman's son had decided to desert along with some other disgruntled soldiers. A search party had immediately been sent after them. Some were caught and killed, while others managed to escape. Sadly, the woman's son was among those hanged. When she learned this, she was overcome with grief. The letter Geralt had found on her son's body informed her how monstrous war can be and how hard it is to judge the actions of the soldiers taking part in it.
- Talk to the quartermaster about the noblewoman's son.
- Find Hrodeberth's body using your Witcher Senses.
- Search the site for personal artifacts using your Witcher Senses.
- Return to the mother.