Blood Simple is a quest in the Blood and Wine expansion for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry Edit
- Geralt had waded through the city's vampire-infested streets to reach Orianna's estate. The vampiress, however, was hardly eager to help the witcher find the Unseen Elder. She was on her way out, about to leave Beauclair for the orphanage she maintained outside the city walls. Anxious about what she might find there, she had neither the time nor the desire nor the patience to listen to the witcher's arguments. Geralt had no choice but to accompany Orianna, hoping to convince her along the way.
- Orianna's concerns had been completely justified. One of the vampires Dettlaff had summoned - a garkain, Geralt concluded, based on the clues he found - had perpetrated a bloody massacre. Enraged by what she found, Orianna pledged to help the witcher find the Unseen Elder - on one condition. Geralt had first to bring her the head of her wards' murderer. If I know Geralt, however, he would have hunted the bastard down without the promise of any reward.
- Geralt had slain the garkain, but when he rejoined Orianna, he learned the old vampiress was, in fact, not much better than the brute she had asked the witcher to hunt down and kill. Though his hand itched to grab the hilt of his silver sword once more and tend to Orianna as he had tended to the garkain, he was well aware saving the city's inhabitants was far more important at the time. Nonetheless, I suspect the witcher and the vampiress will meet again one day...
- As the witcher met once more with Regis, two possible paths lay before him. He now had to choose between meeting with the Unseen Elder or finding Syanna.
- Search the orphanage using your Witcher Senses.
- Follow the scent using your Witcher Senses.
- Follow the tracks using your Witcher Senses.
- Follow the wagon using your Witcher Senses.
- (Optional) Read the entry about alpha garkains in the Bestiary.
- Follow the wheel tracks using your Witcher Senses.
- Examine the cart using your Witcher Senses.
- Find the garkain's hideout using your Witcher Senses.
- Kill the garkain.
- Collect a trophy from the garkain.
- Return to Orianna.
- Tell the birds you're ready to meet Regis.
- Meet Regis at the docks.
- As you meet Regis at the docks, he gives you one last chance to change your mind. After that, there's no turning back.