Berengar's Blade is one of the secondary quests near Kaer Morhen available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry Edit
- In one of the now-unused bedrooms of Kaer Morhen Geralt found a note left by Berengar, a witcher who had once been his companion and colleague. The note indicated Berengar had been working on forging an exceptional sword called Tor'haerne. The note was sparing in its details, so Geralt decided to ask Vesemir if he knew something more on the subject.
- The elder witcher told Geralt the story of how Berengar had tried to forge a silver sword with extraordinary characteristics. All his attempts, however, went awry and he lost the diagram while trekking downriver to kill a chort.
- Geralt finished what Berengar had started: he followed the same route, killed the monster and retrieved the Tor'haerne diagram.
- Find Berengar's notes in a chest in the western part of Kaer Morhen, to the west of the grindstone in the 2nd courtyard.
- Read the notes.
- Talk to Vesemir.
- Explore the cave using your Witcher Senses.
- Kill the chort.
- Look for the Tor'haerne diagram, for a relic silver sword, in the cave using your Witcher Senses.
- You must complete this quest before Isle of Mist main quest, otherwise you fail/cannot start this quest.
- You will find superior wolven boots in the same cave; they are behind rocks so use Aard sign.
- If you already have the "Tor'haerne" diagram the quest will not start. Talking to Vesemir doesn't give you any options to further progress the quest.