Notable Beauclairois Edit
Beauclair is few time mentioned by characters for its famous wine but trully interesting is the fact that big city in short story trailer "A Night to Remember" is confirmed to be Beauclair even though its look different from final shape in Blood and Wine.
Relatively small gem lying near small lake called Seidhe Llyglad that is Beuclair in second and final expansion for The Witcher 3. The city is very vibrant, colorful and, because its position, it can be clearly seen from almost every place in the duchy. Although the city is not that big, its divided into three district with only one being walled. And than there is beautiful and so famous Ducal Palace crowning over city with giantic Mount Gorgon in background. Whole city is protected by Knights-Errant and Toussaint Guard.
- Hauteville — Literally Higher Town, walled district where the richer townsfolk are living.
- Lassommoir — Is a quarter of working class within Hauteville district.
- San Sebastian — Officially Lower Town, place where lower class is.
- Beauclair Port — Officially Port District is most important as it is place of trade for whole realm.
Most of the gates are separating the Lower Town from the Higher Town and are quite loosely protected by Ducal Guard.
- Antoinette in The Witcher and her family hails from Beauclair and you can also feel it from her (French) accent.
- The name is coined from a portmanteau of two French words, beau and clair. It can then be roughly translated as beautifully clear.