Traders, vineyard operators and other travelers say the city is like a charmed place, pushing people to love and drink and discouraging to leave the capital.
Notable people Edit
Beauclair is mentioned a few times by characters for its famous wine, but truly interesting is the fact that the big city in the short story trailer, A Night to Remember, is confirmed to be Beauclair even though it looks significantly different from its final layout in Blood and Wine.
Blood and Wine expansionEdit
In the final expansion for The Witcher 3, Beauclair is presented as a sizable city on the shores of a nearby lake called Seidhe Llygad. The city is very vibrant, colorful, and, because of its centralized position, can be clearly seen from almost every place in the duchy. Although the city is not as large as Novigrad, it's divided into three districts, only one being walled. The Ducal Palace, renowned for its grandiose majesty, stands at the western edge of the city and is framed by the imposing Mount Gorgon. The city is protected by Knights-Errant and Toussaint Guard.
Fast travel points Edit
- Beauclair Palace
- Palace Gardens
- The Gran'place
- Coopers' Gate
- Harbor Gate
- San Sebastian
- Beauclair Port
- Metinna Gate
- Nilfgaardian Embassy
- Lebioda's Gate
Royal Palace Edit
- Hauteville - Literally Higher Town, Walled district where the richer townsfolk are living
- Lassommoir - is a quarter of working class within Hauteville district
- San Sebastian - Officially Lower Town, place where lower class is
- Beauclair Port - Officially the Port District is most important as it is place of trade for whole realm.
Most of the gates separate the Lower Town from the Higher Town, and are rather loosely protected by Ducal Guard.
- Antoinette in The Witcher, as well as her family, hails from Beauclair, made apparent by her (French) accent.
- The name is coined from a portmanteau of two French words, beau and clair. It can then be roughly translated as "beautiful clear".
- The people of Beauclair are called Beaclairois, as mentioned by an Old pamphlet.