Bald Mountain is a main quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This quest starts automatically once the quest Blood on the Battlefield concludes.
Journal entry Edit
- Vesemir's death tore a gaping hole in Ciri's heart and left only a burning drive for revenge to fill it. This drive burned all the higher when she learned from Avallac'h that Imlerith, the general of the Hunt who murdered Vesemir, would be attending the Crones' sabbath on Bald Mountain. Ciri smelled blood and decided at once to travel to No Man's Land and kill Imlerith. Geralt, that calculating, practical-minded witcher, as usual caved immediately to his adopted daughter's wishes and agreed to accompany her on this expedition. The pair thus slipped out of Kaer Morhen in the cool light of morning and galloped of to find vengeance.
- Vengeance is what they found, and, though served warm, it was nonetheless sweet. The duo found their way to the top of Bald Mountain and there Ciri killed two of the three Crones while Geralt triumphed in a deathmatch against Imlerith. The only bitter note - the third Crone escaped, taking with her Vesemir's medallion, the only memento Ciri had kept of her dead friend and mentor.
- Find a way to the mountain's summit.
- Talk to Thecla and get permission to climb the mountain.
- Retrieve the coin Thecla threw in the water by using your Witcher Senses. (300 awarded for retrieving the Defier's oren)
- Give the coin to Thecla.
- Travel the path to the peak of Bald Mountain.
- Defeat Fugas.
- Penetrate to the heart of the tree's roots.
- Kill the three Crones.
- Use Blink to strike all three Crones and disturb their spell.
- Find Imlerith.
- Kill Imlerith. (1000 awarded for killing Imlerith)
- Talk to Ciri once you are ready to go to Novigrad.