Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Abigail is a witch who lives on the outskirts of Vizima. She is not well-liked by the villagers and gets blamed for many bad or strange occurences. Her main skill is alchemy, so though the villagers approach her with suspicion, they also rely on her for potions and poisons-which she provides, rarely bothering with questions or moral objections.
In the course of Chapter I, Abigail takes in the orphaned Alvin after Geralt saves him from the barghests as Shani can not care for him from an inn. She also facilitates a trance where the boy reveals more about the beast and its minions who are plaguing the village.
Geralt can buy a blade coating formula from her that makes it easier to battle spectres and ghosts. In fact, she buys and sells quite a few things:
- the aforementioned Specter Oil
- some herbs
- some minerals, in particular Phosphorus, the only source of Vermilion in Chapter I
- some greases (bear fat)
- bomb making ingredients
- a few books
- an anti-drowner talisman
- Barghest skulls(she will buy these as well as the pouch of salt)
- Wolf pelts
- Basilisk hides
- Fleder fangs
If her fate is left to the villagers, she curses Geralt in the name of the Lionhead Spider, which she calls the Black Legba. Whether this means she is also responsible for the misdeeds of the other villagers is unclear — possibly, she had something to do with influencing the merchant to kill his brother as she has a suspicious doll of his likeness in her hut.
Associated quests Edit
- Frozen Reflections
- Of Monsters and Men
- Small Problems
- The Barghest Contract
- The Devourer Contract
- The Heat of the Day
| "A witch named Abigail lives in a village in the Outskirts. Though the villagers buy herbs and potions from her, she also faces much hostility."
if Geralt saves Abigail from the mob:
The Reverend informed the congregation that Abigail had uttered the Curse of the Hellhound and the witch was surrounded by an angry mob. I decided that she did not deserve to die, and saved her from being lynched. Abigail left the Outskirts for good.
I met Abigail again in the village of Murky Waters. The witch still trades in herbs and potions.
if Geralt leaves Abigail to be lynched:
The Reverend informed the congregation that Abigail had uttered the Curse of the Hellhound and the witch was surrounded by an angry mob. I decided not to interfere in the shadowy internal affairs of the Outskirts. The witch was burned at the stake just after I left.
- Abigail took Alvin under her wing after the demise of his foster mother, Caroline.
- Abigail is in possession of Berengar's notes on the Beast.
- A vial of Specter Oil can be looted from her corpse on the occasion of her death.
- If Abigail is spared at the end of Chapter I, she will take the healer's place in Chapter IV, just outside of the inn.
- If Abigail was lynched, The Heat of the Day quest will play out differently.
- If Abigail was lynched, the healer in Chapter IV tells Geralt that he shed innocent blood — that of Abigail — by not saving her.
- In Chrzest Ognia, the speech made by the local priest is virtually identical to the speech delivered by the Reverend in the Outskirts when the villagers try to lynch Abigail.