Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
During a close encounter with a dragon in the Prologue, Geralt lost his silver sword. This quest is to find a replacement in or around Flotsam.
There are several solutions:
- A diagram can be found in a chest just off the ship Geralt arrived in. Take this and the required materials to any craftsman to have the sword made.
- A Silver-plated sword can be purchased from Berthold Candeleria.
- A Robust witchers' silver sword can be purchased from a mysterious merchant.
- A diagram for the robust sword can be found in a chest while sneaking around in "Indecent Proposal"
- The Sword of Kaer Morhen, a rare silver sword can be found on a skeleton lying between the two rocky outcrops directly north of the entrance to Iorveth's hideout in the forest outside of Flotsam. Although seeking this sword first would mean making a foray into the woods with a steel sword only, acquiring it is absolutely free. [Need confirmation that this sword can actually be reached prior to the relevant quest]
- If a completed and saved game was imported from The Witcher, then Geralt likely already has another silver sword with his starting equipment - in which case this quest is completed the same moment it begins. (In fact, if he starts Assassins of Kings with two or more silver swords, even if the strongest one is equipped during Blood of His Blood, Geralt will stick a weaker one into the dragon's mouth.)
- Regarding the diagrams, silver ore can be purchased from merchants or looted from most caves and a few bandits.
- A witcher stripped of his monster-fighting sword is like a dwarf without a beard. Geralt's silver blade had flown off with the dragon just after their memorable encounter on the walls of La Valette Castle, so our hero needed a new one. The best though certainly not the only way to acquire one was to have it forged by the dwarf blacksmith who had a workshop in Flotsam's nonhuman district.
- With the silver sword in hand at last, Geralt's job became incomparably easier. Finally equipped like a witcher should be, our hero took to solving his own and other's problems with renewed energy.