Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Outside the cemetery's main gates in the Temple Quarter you will encounter the lone Gravedigger hammering nails into freshly built coffins. The plague epidemic ensures there is no shortage of need for his services. To complete this quest, which is technically getting in to the cemetery, you must clear a few people of suspicion in the main case.
- Once the cemetery is opened to you, it remains open, even after you return the key to the gravedigger. (This does not always seem to be true, sometimes the door locks after returning the key. Also, check both doors. They function independentally, and sometimes one is locked while the other is not.)
- Geralt receives the formula for Petri's Philter along with the key.
- This quest can obviate the need for the autopsy, as finding Raymond's body clears everyone except Azar Javed.
- Thaler will not help Geralt get into the cemetery until he is proven innocent in the Suspect: Thaler quest.
- Vincent Meis will not help Geralt get into the cemetery until he is proven innocent in the Suspect: Vincent Meis quest.
- If you do autopsy and accuse wrong person (since wiki if full of spoilers wrong person = Ramsmeat or Kalkstein), Raymond's body is not in the crypt and in chapter III you will fail quest
The Permit Edit
The gravedigger says the cemetery should be full of clues. I just need a permit to enter. I should ask someone who has contacts among the city guards or... I could just buy out the gravedigger's debts from Thaler... I need a permit to enter the cemetery. Thaler or the city guards should provide me with one.
Thaler / The pass Edit
|Talk to Thaler: If I mention Thaler, the gravedigger will let me in [to the cemetery]. I may go to the gravedigger now. or|
|Talk to Vincent: I received a pass to enter the cemetery from Vincent. I may go to the gravedigger now.|
The Entry to the Cemetery Edit
|Talk to Thaler: The gravedigger was grateful that I bought out his debts from Thaler and allowed me to enter the cemetery. I should take a look around the crypt. I should take a look around the crypt in the cemetery. or|
|Talk to Vincent: The gravedigger saw my pass and allowed me to enter the cemetery. I should take a look around the crypt. I should take a look around the crypt in the cemetery.|
The Cemetery is Open Edit
The cemetery gate is open. I sense trouble. I can enter the cemetery now.
The Discovery Edit
I found Raymond's body. Azar must have killed and impersonated him. How could I have fallen for this illusion! (sic) I have to tell the gravedigger about this — after all it's his cemetery. I also should return his key. I have to tell the gravedigger about my discovery and return his key. (500 XP)
Raymond's Body Edit
I found the body of the real Raymond at the cemetery. Fighting my way through the ghouls was worth it. I found the body of the real Raymond at the cemetery. (1000 XP)